As much easy, it is to set up the google my business listing, equally tough is to keep up with the constantly changing features of it. Google my business is an excellent way of attracting and retaining local customers.
These days, people always do a google search before trying something new. It can be a new restaurant or a new hair salon. With proper optimization, customers can search for you. However, with constantly changing features, you must keep up with them for the best results. you can take help of services of agencies like GMB Gorilla for optimization.
5 Must-Know Optimization Steps In Google My Business In 2020
With features like voice and image search, Google has increased the scope of GMB optimization. With 2020 being the pandemic-hit year, more people are resorting to online resources before physically visiting any place. This makes GMB listing optimization even more important.
Let us have a look at the 5 most important steps:
- Enter Right Credentials: Right from the address, phone number, and website, you should make sure that each information is up to mark. If you change your office location or phone number or even if the website is under maintenance, do mention it instantly. This creates a sense of trust among your customers.
- Give The Clearest Business Description: Your GMB page needs you to write a 750-words business description. Use the words to best describe your enterprise. Stay away from watery elements and faffing. Precisely enter the services offered and how to avail them.
- Get Reviews: When you list your business on GMB, it ranks the page according to the reviews received. So, be sure to ask your customers for a positive review. Having said that, do not coerce them to do so. It may backfire. Just remind them at the departure to rate you. It will create your reputation as a trustworthy brand.
- Monitor Reviews: As important it is to get reviews, equally important is to monitor them. Get a dedicated staff who will weed out the unnecessary comments. Also, if someone has a negative review or any complaint, respond to them promptly. It will solve their issue while creating an impression that you do care about your customers. It greatly helps with customer retention.
- Add Social Media Profiles: Gone are the days when listing your business on just one platform was enough. This is the digital age where most people are online 24×7. To best utilize this opportunity, enlist your all social media pages on the GMB page. Keep posting relevant information consistently. Ensure the quality of the posts. Consistency and quality are key to the proper optimization of the GMB listings.
GMB listing is an important step to attracting local customers. To ensure that you stay ahead in this game, be sure to optimize it. It is even more important if you are a vendor who is restricted to any particular area.