There’s a running joke in the digital marketing industry regarding the Google search engine. If you want to hide a dead boy, hide it on the 2nd page of Google search results. Every website wishes to have high search engine rankings. There are many ways to make this happen organically, such as by building backlinks. Also known as incoming/inbound links, they merely link one website to another. These links convince Google that your website is relevant, trusted, and worth mentioning.
HOW DO BACKLINKS AFFECT YOU?
Why are backlinks important in the marketing sector? You can imagine the world of search engines as some democracy. Websites’ votes will decide which one appears on the 1st page of search results. When other websites link back to your one, they “vote” for your content. These “votes” persuade search engines that your content is notable. Remember, backlinks coming from suspicious websites can make a search engine de-index your page. There are two kinds of backlinks:
- Do-follow backlinks: They allow search engines to follow and access another website. They transfer the SEO benefits we expect backlinks to provide. We’ll concern ourselves with do-follow backlinks and their advantages here.
- No-follow backlinks: they are well-known for do-not-follow backlinks because they don’t allow search engines to access another website. Google doesn’t pass the link juice with this HTML command. No-follow backlinks have little to no SEO advantage.
BENEFITS OF BUILDING BACKLINKS
Now, what exactly are the advantages of do-follow backlinks? The quantity of links you have is irrelevant if they are of low quality. Having dozens of low-quality backlinks can massively devalue your webpage. Why not try someone who will do the outreach, write the content, and place your link? There are many blogger outreach services available for you, such as www.linkbuildinghq.com that build high-quality backlinks. Some benefits of link generation are:
- Backlinks promote your business and are a form of free advertisement.
- You receive an endorsement from high-value websites, and people begin to trust you.
- Referral sites increase online traffic as more people will visit your website.
- Backlinks improve your site’s SEO optimization.
- They ensure better conversion rates and positively impact your customer outreach.
STRATEGIES TO BUILD HIGH-QUALITY BACKLINKS
Dozens of strategies help users build backlinks. Some of these strategies are outdated, and others are still effective in 2020. Lengthy content and blogging engagement tend to provide more backlinks to your webpage. Let’s talk about five strategies you need to know about:
- Change no-follow and do-follow backlinks: All websites have both do-follow and no-follow links. Three-fourth of the links on your website need to be do-follow links. You can contact the target pages that are linking to your website. You can ask them to change no-follow backlinks into do-follow ones. But also try to utilize the hidden power of no-follow links. An expert said: “No-follow links still build awareness, as long as they are seen; they just have to be visible.”
- Write quality content: Content marketing goes hand in hand with link-building strategies. It would help if you had popular and trusted websites to link back to your website. Suspicious sites linking back to you is a sort of unfavorable promotion. You need to create diverse, engaging, and impactful content on your site. This content includes stories, videos, guest posts, and customer reviews, and you should enhance the beauty and attractiveness of your content with infographics. This strategy will help you find more backlinks. The more you write, the better your content is. Better content multiplies your audience and makes other websites trust you more.
- Add the “alt” attribute to the images: People often put links beneath pictures on their websites. But Googlebot doesn’t find it helpful if the image is without an “alt” text. Search engines aren’t capable of identifying them as images. Putting “alt” text in an image helps search engines value that image. There are also many other advantages of using the alternate text. If the image fails to load, the user sees this “alt text” in its place.
- Repair broken links: Often, we find websites that offer links to a webpage that doesn’t exist anymore. These broken links deter that website’s traffic and reduce its profitability. The 404 error page stops search engines from crawling and indexing your webpage. You can find websites with broken links, inform them about it, and offer a suitable replacement. If you can present similar content, that website will link back to your webpage.
- Guest posts and product reviews: You can reach potential customers by guest posting for other websites. Your content will get more exposure this way, and you can get high-quality backlinks. This strategy creates a win-win situation for the two parties involved. Popular websites will bring content to publish, and you will receive a chance to build your brand. You can also increase your following on social media. Writing product reviews persuade other websites to link back to your content. You can search for websites that welcome guest articles or product reviews. Don’t forget to link to your social media profiles in your posts for brand promotion.
Google’s search algorithm uses 200 factors to rank the status of a website. But 55% of webpages don’t even have backlinks. More than 90% of websites don’t receive any organic search traffic due to the lack of backlinks. Videos and backlinks provide posts more than a 150% boost in search traffic. Therefore, backlinks contribute heavily to a website’s success and profitability. Their benefits and importance in digital marketing make them necessary for traffic enhancement and audience engagement.