E-business offers great opportunities for companies to enter global markets. It represents approximately 12% of international trade in goods, indicating that it is a successful and growing market.
Not sure what e-commerce or e-business means? We’ll explain it to you. Digital commerce or e-commerce is known as the purchase and sale of products or services of a particular company from electronic media, such as websites or other computer networks or the Internet.
The technological and globalized era in which we are currently living puts pressure on all companies to be competent and international. Therefore, SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) are forced to take advantage of e-commerce to update their traditional operational process, and thus survive in the current business environment. What many entrepreneurs of these small and medium enterprises do not know is that e-commerce can make these companies global players.
In fact, in recent years we have seen an increase in the number of online businesses of small and medium-sized enterprises that have taken the step of expanding their business to the Internet in order to have access to larger markets.
There are reports that show that more than 80% of people have ever bought online, so it is necessary to have an online store and know how to manage it properly. There are already many platforms available for SMEs that help to build your website easily, so you no longer have an excuse. If you are still not convinced, let us tell you about the advantages of being present in e-commerce.
Benefits of being part of the e-commerce for your company
- Reach the global market. It helps to expand the business beyond geographical borders, breaking the limitation of traditional points of sale.
- Possibility of opening 24 hours a day. No need to close your website, so customers can access it whenever they want.
- Reduced operating costs. To be part of the e-commerce allows a saving of costs of communication, traditional publicity, and marketing.
- Tracking your customers. Possibility of obtaining interesting information from users from Google Analytics such as what products they are interested in from your website when they click, or where they come from.
- Business advertising. Help to promote the business to countless potential customers through social networks and other media.
- Inform your customers in detail. While physical stores do not have much time to inform your customers of products or services or any other related information, the online store no longer has that problem. This helps to take care of customer service, a crucial point when you have a business.
- Ease of maintenance and modification. The website, unlike physical stores, can be modified at any time and at no additional cost.
- Improved brand image. As you create more websites, search engines will improve your positioning. Visits will increase, and users will become familiar with the brand.
- Communication with customers. They will have access to your contact details and will be able to consult you with doubts or other queries at any time. It will help you to maintain a closer relationship with your customers.
E-commerce is really beneficial for SMEs, becoming almost an obligation for those companies that want to succeed in the globalized market.
There are numerous technological systems that will help your company stand out from your competitors. The call center, for example, is a system that facilitates the calls management in a company and improves customer service considerably. It is a system in which several specialized agents attend the incoming and outgoing calls of the company offering help or resolving queries to users. Remember that if you don’t want to stay on the sidelines, it is essential today to be part of this market.
Want some advice? Don’t relax even if you’re already succeeding. Success requires the continuous participation of the entire e-commerce chain, and that means taking care of every detail: from the constant updating of the website to the monitoring of electronic means of payment, including product distribution, customer service and after-sales interest.