Recently, Apple released iOS 11 with its latest HEIC/HEIF format for saving images. This High-Efficiency Image Format uses a compression technology that allows for saving twice the storage space when compared to JPG. It is a great space saver for your iOS device as well as mobile bandwidth, especially if you sync photos to the iCloud Library. Unfortunately, the majority of image editors including Windows 10 are not compatible with the new Apple’s flavor – HEIC/HEIF.
How to edit HEIC photos in Lightroom?
Lightroom is a popular photo editing tool and an organizer developed by Adobe. The app allows editing images and organizing them as you desire. If you desire to add photos from iPhone or iPad to the Lightroom app then you will need to use a specific Lightroom app version for capably importing the HEIC photos.
All the Lightroom versions don’t support iOS photos as the devices save clicked images in .heic format. This is a new format, and is not yet supported widely. However, some specific Adobe’s Lightroom app versions allow the import of these photos.
- Mac – Lightroom versions CC1.4 & CC 7.4 is compatible with MacOS High Sierra 10.13 & later version that supports .heic format.
- Window – Lightroom versions CC 1.5 & CC 7.5 is compatible with Windows 10 0that supports .he0i0c0 0f0o0r0m0a0t0.0
If the Lightroom app is not compatible with Mac or Windows, then how will you import the .heic files?
Fortunately, there is a way to import photos in the Lightroom app using HEIC to JPG conversion software like reaConverter. The tool will help to convert .heic photos into JPG format. The software allows for easy dealing with your files quickly and with ease.
There is no need to spend hours converting files, because the reaConverter software allows you to convert loads of .heic files, at the same time. During conversions, you even get a chance to apply several image editing options
How to convert .heic files into .jpg format?
- Download the reaConverter converter and install it. There is no need for an IT expert because you will be able to understand its working within a minute.
- Switch on the software and locate the .heic file/files that need conversion to .jpg. The software supports batch conversion, which saves energy and time needed for performing the repetitive processes. You can even drag & drop the necessary .heic files directly in the interface of the software.
- Determine where you desire to save the converted .jpg files. If you wish, you can also spend some time applying the editing options to the photos before getting converted.
- Choose JPG as an output format. There are several types of buttons placed conveniently at the bottom, so press the JPG one and click the start button. Your conversion starts instantly!
- Download the converted .jpg file on your PC and open it in the Lightroom app.
Without any obstacle, the photos will be opened in the Lightroom app, all prepared for editing. You can choose reaConverter available in a lite edition for free, but it has a few limitations. The Pro and Standard editions are more versatile. You can choose a free trial plan to get an idea of how it helps. You can visit their official website to learn more about the features.