Are you encountering .Net framework 3.5 installation error 0x800f0950 on Windows 10 and Windows 11? Then you are at the right place, here are the most effective solution to fix this dreaded issue.
Most of the users face this problem when installing .NET 3.5 Framework with the help of the traditional installer or sometimes starting the game. This Error is very annoying as it comes with a short message as given below:
‘The following functionality could not be installed‘
This is really frustrating but here in this article, we managed to provide a list of different solutions that worked for many affected users.
If you facing the same then don’t worry, with the help of this article you can fix error code 0x800f0950 in Windows 10 easily.
How to Fix Error code 0x800f0950 on .Net framework 3.5 Installation:
Here, I mention the three most effective as well as well-tested solutions to troubleshoot .NET framework 3.5 installation error 0x800f0950 on Windows 10 & 11.
Method 1 – Use .NET Framework Repair Tool
If you are dealing with lingering files that interfere with installing the latest .NET Framework if you’re previous attempts to install a version of the .NET Framework were interrupted by a sudden shutdown or something similar.
If you are facing the above situation, and want to overcome it, then I will suggest you run the Microsoft.NET Framework Repair Tool. This powerful tool helps you to delete junk files, remaining files, data clusters and many others, which leads to the emergence of this problem.
You can use this tool in both Windows 10 as well as Windows 11. So, follow the below-given instruction to do so:
- First, Download the Microsoft.NET Framework Repair tool from its official site.
- After that, double click on the NetFxRepairTool a User Account Control prompt will appear, click on the yes to continue the process.
- Now, follow the instructions to install it on your PC/ Laptop.
- After that run the .NET Framework Repair tool with the help of the repair tool.
- Once the process gets finished, reboot your PC and check whether your problem is fixed or not.
Method 2– Install .NET Framework
In this second solution, I will suggest you use the support installation media which help you to install .NET Framework using the PowerShell window or elevated command prompt. With the help of this solution, many users fix their problems successfully.
This solution is compatible with both Windows 10 & 11. So, follow the below-given instructions to do so:
- Put the compatible installation media in your DVD drive, flash drive, or mount it if you’re using an ISO.
- Click on the Windows+ R key to open the Run dialogue box
- Now, type cmd on the text box.
- After that click on Ctrl + Shift + Enter to execute.
- To run .NET Framework as an administrator then clicks on the ‘Yes’ button after UAC appears.
- After that type or paste the following command in the CMD prompt:
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:XXX:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
- To begin, press Enter and then wait for the operation to complete. After the installation is complete, restart your computer and see if the NET framework was successfully installed after the next startup.
- Now, click on the Enter button to execute the command.
- After installation, reboot your PC and check the error is still exist or not.
Method 3 – Reset Windows PC
If any of the above solutions do not work for you then you are dealing with Windows related issues or Windows corruption. So it is suggested to System Restore of Windows 10 PC or reset your Windows PC and fix this error code 0x800F0950.
So, follow the below-given instruction to reset Windows PC without losing files:
- First, click on the Windows Start button
- Now, go to the Settings option and click on it.
- Navigate to the Windows Settings option.
- After that click on Update & Security option.
- Now select the Recovery option located in the left pane of the window
- On the left side of the Window, click on the Recovery option
- Click on Get Started button under the Reset this PC section.
- An option will aper click on the Keep my files option that will protect your files and prevent deletion.
- After doing so, click on the Next button.
Now, the restart button will arrive, click on it and restart your PC, after doing so your .Net framework 3.5 installation error 0x800f0950 will resolve.
In this blog, you learn how to fix Error 0x800F0950 .NET Framework 3.5 Installation. Here I mention the three most effective solutions to fix this error.
I hope this blog helps you, if you like this post then do share this post with your friends and help them to fix this problem.
If you have any questions related to this topic then do share them with us in the comment section.