In simple terms, an AAA game is a large-budget project in which a lot of money is thrown in. It’s developed by aaa game company.
It used to be much simpler and games were classified differently: A, B and C. In the late 80s, everything changed and games began the path to becoming an industry in which more money was invested every year and the old classification became obsolete. Today the term can be applied to any game, as games are long, difficult and expensive to make. There are no A games or AA games, only aaa games. It is an unbreakable formula that does not allow for mutual exclusion.
Where Did Triple A Games Start?
That is why when it is proposed to use the term “class B games”, as, for example, with films of category B, that is, second class, it is inappropriate. At the same time, we all see that more resources, time and money are invested in some games than in others, and we understand that the less money, the more it is not AAA. “What in this case, genius?” – you ask.
The antipode of AAA is indie. That is, everything that is not AAA is indie. Indie means independent and often refers to a wide variety of media that are produced in one way or another independently of the publisher or producer. That is, if a project does not have a continuous flow of money, it becomes an indie game, and demands to triple a game developer. It was like that before.
Now, in addition to the cash equivalent, everything also depends on the staff. If more than 15 people are working on a game in aaa game art studio, it is no longer indie. Moreover, the number 15 is pretty approximate.
Where is it possible to play
Such games are offered by https://kevurugames.com/blog/why-are-aaa-games-so-expensive-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-budget/. Though some Triple-A video games do get a ported version for mobile phones just like Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto line, it takes the game years before it reaches mobile devices.
Most triple-A games are developed and released for all consoles and PC. However, some games are exclusive to specific platforms. Some examples of this are God of War for Sony’s PlayStation, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Nintendo Switch, and Forza Horizon for Xbox.
Mostly it’s opened question how much it costs to make the product in aaa gaming company? This simple question, as it turned out, is not so easy to answer! The material is intended for people over 18 years old.
The question of the budget is the most serious in all spheres of business. Even those people who have worked in the industry for a long time still don’t know the answer on this question.
The point is that neither publishers nor developers disclose this information, and public companies simply pool all their costs when they report to investors. What we hear in the press most often is simply the opinion of certain analysts and research groups. Such estimates may differ 2-3 times in both directions.
How Long is it to Develop a Triple-A Game?
The timing of each stage has specific features, and they are as follows:
- Specification of functionality. Usually occurs before the start of serious development work, but changes greatly in its process, taking into account the possibilities of the game world. A high-quality game takes at least six months to create a basic legendarium.
- It takes 1-2 months to create a place and purchase the required equipment.
- Team building. If it has already been assembled earlier, then it is enough to get several people into the team, which takes up to 2 months. When everything is done from scratch, it will take about 3-4 months to gather people.
- Creation of graphics. It is unlikely that this stage can pass faster than in 1-1.5 years.
- Voice acting. It takes about 10-15 people, but not for long.
- Finalization of the project. It is often realistic to invest in 6-9 months.
- Advertising. An average project cannot do without an advertising budget of several million rubles.
What is the Difference Between Triple A Games and Other Games?
Today, the triple A level can be called a game from which we expect a lot. I want to open my trump card to you: the AAA level is not a ceiling. On the contrary, it is becoming more and more a thing of the past.
Today, the big-budget triple A games are those that promise to bring more and more every time, and they need even more A in their abbreviation for that. The industry is constantly developing, offering players new variants all the time.