Advertising is the communication between the user of a product and service. These are the paid messages which are intended to inform or influence the people who receive the product or that certain service. The sole purpose of advertising is to inform certain consumers about the product and the service or why the product is the best choice for the consumer. It also points out the image of the company and demonstrates uses of the established products.
Native advertising is the paid form of advertising which matches with the look and function of the media format in which they are going to appear. It is often found in social media feeds, unlike other kinds of advertising, it does not look like ads. It mimics the design of the website where it gets displayed on. It looks like a normal content rather than a proper display ad. Thus the readers do not realize that they are consuming a paid advertisement. Here is the few features of this advertising:
- It is promotional in camouflage- the traditional way of online promotion is banner advertisement which is also known as display advertisement, native advertising is done in a manner where both of the promotion and information are perfectly balanced. It is done by carefully inserting a sponsored or paid content in a website’s regular posting as just like a natural part of the editorial. It takes the behavior of the previous postings and with the perfect balance of information and promotion it becomes an advertisement in disguise.
- It is naturally found in popular websites and social media platforms- As this advertising takes on many forms, it also can be found adapting to various websites and environments, mostly on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter etc. It can be widely seen in Forbes, Amazon, and among others. If done right, these advertising can be invisible to the eyes of the common consumer, as consumers tend not to care because this advertising keeps the consumer engaged in the conversation.
- It works as a fatigue antidote- it has the ability to fend off the usual ad fatigue or ad blindness which consumers can develop because of the abundance of ads in every corner of the internet because these kinds of advertisements are non-disruptive.
- It has six main categories- Many of the companies nowadays and professionals have mastered the technique in writing these advertisements. And because it relies heavily on disguising itself, there is a need to place ethical regulations so the use of this ad won’t be abused. It has six types of categories such as, In-Feed Units, Promoted Listings, In-Ad (With Native Elements) Units, Paid Search Units, Recommendation Widgets, Promoted Listings and Custom/“Can’t Be Contained” for those that do not fall into the five previous types.
- It follows a three part structure- this kind of ad is very successful because it adhered greatly to the three-part structure which has been perfected through all the years. They are Ad Integration, Aligned Objectives and Ad Transparency,
This type of ad is still young in the market. But it can evolve by the time with the proper use of the internet. This advertising is often favoured by marketers. As it can fit perfectly into a content and it is a less appealing form of marketing and also it is more natural looking than other ads. There are few benefits of using these kinds of ads. Such as:
- Capture audience’s attention- as this ad has a very soft approach than other advertising methods. This advertising can attract an audience’s attention.
- Puts publisher in control- with this ad one can place a content into a known environment, where the chances are high to go through the ads.
- Ad-block friendly- as this ad is presented like a normal content there is no obstruction of any ad blocking. It offers an excellent way to reach their targeted customer.
- Potential reach is greater- as the contents are engaging, informative many readers get attracted to this kind of content, which can clear the path of passive advertising.
- Device responsive- regular advertising is generally avoided by the customers, but when an ad comes in a content the mobile or customer can not intentionally remove it.
- Increases brand awareness- it increases the likelihood of going viral and helps to improve the brand awareness.