Harnessing the power of search and making sure your business ranks well every time a lead or customer searches for the keywords that matter to you has never been so important. Appearing in the top spots on page one of the search results will guarantee you valuable organic traffic, better brand visibility and a competitive edge over lower-ranking competitors. Follow our 7 SEO tips and watch your results page rankings soar.
- Know the right keywords to target-What are your customers searching for? Which keywords will help to generate business and contribute to your bottom line? Knowing which keywords to target is key to great SEO performance, and there are plenty of free keyword research tools available online to help you decide the best ones for you.
- Work your keywords into engaging copy-Once you have your set of keywords finalised, you need to craft well-written SEO copy that answers your customers’ search queries and provides as much relevant, useful information as possible. Partnering with a copywriting agency will ensure your web content is as engaging and SEO-friendly as possible.
- Make your website technically robust-Page speed, on-page tags, Schema markup, internal linking – these are just a few examples of features that Google and other search engines look for when ranking your website. Work with your web developer to make sure your website is technically sound and ready to be crawled by Google’s bots.
- Think mobile-Mobile drives more than 40% of revenue in B2B companies, with a website’s mobile experience a key factor in how well it ranks in search. If you want to conquer SEO, you must deliver a fantastic mobile experience. This includes responsive design, super-fast page speeds and a simple, clean user experience.
- Monitor competitors-Review competitors that are ranking well for your target keywords. What are they doing differently or better than you on their websites? How are they using keywords in their content? Take the best bits from your competitors’ websites and use them to improve your own.
- Drive inbound linksWebsites – especially good-quality, trustworthy websites – that link back to yours will have a positive impact on your Domain Authority, another key ranking factor for Google. When credible websites link to yours, it’s a nod to Google to say your content is useful and shareable – all great reasons for Google to then rank your website higher when customers make their searches.
- Measure your success-How do you know if your SEO efforts are paying off? Google’s suite of free search analytics tools help you to measure and optimise your website’s performance in terms of rankings and experience. You can track which keywords drive traffic, how your rankings improve over time, how your web pages perform in terms of key metrics like page speed and bounce rate, and which pages drive leads and revenue.
This list of 7 top tips offers a great starting point for your SEO strategy. Search is here to stay, and your customers and prospects are already looking for top-ranking websites that offer fantastic experiences and content to service their needs. If you’re just starting out with SEO, that’s fine – but now is the time to start.
Do a quick Google search for your main product or service and you’ll see plenty of competitors appearing in positions you’d like to see yourself in. Follow our tips to start your SEO journey and your efforts will pay off.