Have you been binge-watching to a crazy extent and now want to fix your sleep cycle? Is the constant availability of your Netflix subscription making it hard to stop watching TV shows and movies? Unfortunately, the only way to go about this is knowing how to delete Netflix profile. But not to worry, you can always come back when you manage to have a grasp of your life.
The problem with canceling your Netflix account is that your subscription does not end by merely deleting your profile or uninstalling the app. You have to follow a proper method to unsubscribe; otherwise, you will get charged the following month again. Of course, you will not want that. After all, can there be anything worse than being billed for Netflix when you did not even use it?
There could be three ways to cancel Netflix in under 5 minutes. In this step-by-step guide on how to delete your Netflix profile, we will explain to you all of the methods straightforwardly.
Three Ways on How to Delete your Netflix Profile
You have to delete your account in the same way you chose for your subscription. They could be any one of the following:
- Through the official Netflix website
- Through iTunes
- Thorough third party providers
1- Through the Official Netflix Website
If you subscribed through the official Netflix website or app, follow these steps to properly delete your Netflix profile.
- Log in to your account using your login credentials on the official webpage.
- Next to your profile picture, you will see a drop-down arrow.
- Click on the “accounts” option. This will bring you to your accounts page with your membership and billing details.
- Click on the “cancel membership” option, and you are done.
This does not mean that your account gets suspended immediately, and you cannot use this account ever again. You can still access your account as long as your billing month is continued. However, after the end of the month, you will not be able to open your account unless you reactivate it.
2- Through iTunes
You would have to follow this method if you subscribed to Netflix through your Apple account. For this, you will have to cancel it through the device whose Apple ID you used to set it up. Get your device and follow these steps to delete your account.
- Go to the “settings” of your device, and click on “iTunes and apps.”
- Next, click on “View Apple ID” and go to subscriptions.
- You will see the complete list of all the services you have subscribed to. Find Netflix and click on it. From here, you can officially cancel your Netflix account.
3- Through the Third Party
If you had got your Netflix account through a third party, or a shared account, you will have to contact them for the details. Each service uses different means of setting up as well as canceling. You may also find a link in your profile’s accounts section leading you to the provider’s details. You can contact them from there and have it deleted.
Can you reactivate the same account?
Suppose you stay away from Netflix after deleting your account, and now you have promised yourself that you will use it moderately. Can you still access your previous account with all its history and recommendations? Yes, you can. Netflix does not permanently remove your profile for the next ten months after unsubscribing.
This means that if you want to come back within ten months, you can reactivate your account using these simple steps:
- Visit the official Netflix website or open the app.
- Enter your previous account details that you want to reactivate.
- Click on the drop-down option beside your profile name, and click on “account.”
- You will see the “membership and billing” section.
- Click on the “restart membership option” and fill in the credit details and other information. And you have your account back.
The steps mentioned above covered every method on how to delete Netflix profile. Subscribing and deleting any service account comes with a responsibility. You forget it once, and the next thing you see, you have been charged for the next billing cycle. Therefore, it is recommended that you unsubscribe a few days before the end of your billing cycle.
Do not take the risk of waiting till the last second. Even though Netflix refunds, if you get charged on canceling your account on the exact billing day, it is better not to take any chances.