The internet is the biggest marketing tool available to companies today. The presence your business has online can directly impact your success and sales rate. So how do you know if you’re doing enough online? The ultimate guide to making the most of your business’s internet presence is here to help.
Optimize Your Website
Your website is the digital representation of your business. If it looks outdated or doesn’t function well, customers will get a bad impression. Luckily, there are some ways you can ensure your site makes a great impression. Here are a few things you can do to optimize the effect your website has on customers.
- Build a beautiful, highly efficient website that accurately represents your brand.
- Your site should include links to products, reviews, photos, and information about the company.
- To bring the most traffic to your site, it should be high on the Google search results page. You can achieve that by having Kansas City web design create a website that uses search engine optimization to bring in more visitors.
Your website should encourage people to trust you, believe in your products, and most importantly, buy what you’re selling.
Make Social Media Work For You
Social media is a huge part of the internet, and of doing business. You need to craft pages that represent the unique message of your brand. All the social media pages in the world won’t do you any good if they don’t make you stand out. Here’s how to make social media work for you.
- Do some research to determine what social media site works best for companies in your industry.
- You don’t need to waste time creating and maintaining a profile on every app if only one or two are necessary.
- Produce content that sells your business to people, without actually selling to them. No one wants to follow a company that only posts photos of their products. Find unique ways to share information about your business and industry.
- Create the types of content that do best. Currently, video is king when it comes to digital marketing trends. Therefore, it should be a huge part of your social media plan.
- Connect with your audience. Be relatable, be approachable, show them that there are actual people behind the screens at your business.
- Develop and maintain a posting schedule. People like consistency.
Social media can be a powerful tool, but make sure it’s working for you, not against you.
Raise The Quality Of Your Reviews
82% of American adults say they check online reviews and ratings before purchasing a product. That means that if you have bad or neutral reviews, you could be in trouble. Fortunately, there are a few ways to raise the quality of your reviews and encourage customers to give you a chance.
- Aim for consistency. Give everyone the same high-quality experience every time.
- Thank your customers for buying from you by including free samples, promotional codes, or rewards points.
- Analyze the positive and negative feedback you receive in reviews to determine what’s working and what you can improve on.
- Reach out to influencers and see if they would be interested in receiving free products in exchange for a review on their platform.
- Do everything in your power to solve customer issues and subtly encourage them to update any bad reviews they may have left.
The key to raising the quality of your reviews is providing excellent service and consistently asking your customers to share their positive experiences.
If you optimize these three areas of your business, you can rest assured that you’re making the most of your internet presence.